I can’t believe it’s been two weeks. So much has happened!
- I’ve been weighing in at 123 every day for the past six days.
- Still ~70% Primal, and liking it. This past weekend I veered way off-course to simply enjoy life, desserts, and alcohol with friends, but I’m pretty good during the weekdays. Today and yesterday I’ve added some fruit to my diet, probably because the weekend indulgences left me with a resurgent sweet tooth! That said, I don’t think watermelon and apples are terrible additions to any lifestyle 🙂
- I have not logged my food intake since the 15th.
- I’ve eaten out more than not. For a while I was eating out for dinner every single day — and still losing. Working on that healthy relationship with food.
- I’ve met up with a ton of old friends and miraculously made new ones.
- I’ve attended a wedding!
- I’ve taken a photo from an unflattering angle that no longer looks as unflattering on me as half a year ago.
- I’ve revisited a caffeine addiction. (In the words of Alan Hahn, “NO ONE SLEEPS.”)
- A lot of walking, almost no workouts.
Life has been good, but I need to crash now. Trip to San Fran in a day and a half!
I got a very special call this morning from someone regarding my May exam. Because of appeals from a few students, the one question I got wrong is now being ruled as having two answers, one of which is mine, which means – I HAVE NOW PASSED.
This means 1) getting a raise, 2) being able to vacation with a nice peace of mind, and 3) one less roadblock on my journey to becoming a fellow. It also means 4) PARTAY THIS WEEKEND AT MY HOUSE GUYS!!!! J/K. I still live at home, remember? 😦
Rent is expensive, yo.
Day 2 Primal went okay except I had ice cream at dinner with a friend. What’s nice is I felt in control. It was a choice, not a necessity, and I’m okay with that.
My weight’s been all over the place (aka up up up!) lately but I’m kind of fed up with worrying about it, to be honest. I’m toward the end of another cold and finally got in a workout today; also started the slow transition to Primal Blueprint today and I’m feeling good so far. Giving up rice will not be easy, I know. But all the other sugary junk I could/NEED to do without.
So much, I swear like 90% of this is all emotional. Eating is emotional, we all know that by now. When you have the luxury, that is. I’ve definitely gained weight these past two weeks (has it only been two weeks? Jesus) but at my most recent thinnest (~126) I was pretty puzzled about how I got there. It happened kind of suddenly. There is photographic evidence! Now I’m back in the 127-129 range and trying to figure out how to eat without feeling deprived. Binging has been a struggle. My parents came back with another huge Costco haul, including Haagen Daaz ice cream and croissants. I’m not going to touch them. Really!
**Oh yeah, I totally broke my no-scale rule! >< But it’s fine; the novelty of the Eatsmart scale has pretty much worn off by now.