It’s either Day 19.5 or 20.5! I can’t remember! Basically had a crazy food-and-fun-filled weekend with a lot of friends visiting and ended up half-assing my Saturday morning workout (hence the .5), then got sick Saturday night because the weather was unpredictably cold, and have been recovering since. Also Level 2 has not been kind on my knees, so I’m trying to tone it down. Things to note:
- Maybe I’m imagining it, but Monday my work pants did feel strangely looser than usual. Is it because I haven’t washed them in forever?!
- Not seeing much progress in the tummy area though, which fluctuates from day to day depending on what I’ve consumed.
- Jillian recommends taking breaks between workouts rather than doing them consecutively, but I think it’s important to not take more than a day or two of rest. I noticed that after essentially not working out at all this weekend it was a lot harder to get back on that horse.
- Walked thirty blocks in the city on Sunday though! Hungover!
I’m going to Shanghai this Friday and will do my best not to pig out. We should be walking, or at least walking more than I normally do at my 9-5 sedentary job, and I’ll try to bust out 30DS with water bottles in the morning or something. 🙂
AKA first day of Level 2! It was definitely tougher and higher-impact. I had to do modifications for half the moves to protect my knees. The last round of strength just about slayed my shoulders; I really couldn’t raise them any higher. But man, I love this workout and Jillian Michaels. I know people complain that her voice is grating, but I find her a lot more bearable and genuine than other DVD instructors (Physique 57, Callanetics come to mind).
Also I gave TurboFire a try this past weekend and again this morning, and I suspect it really isn’t my thing, in the same way that Insanity isn’t. Too much simultaneous high-impact and high-intensity wear me down pretty quickly and I end up giving up after just a few minutes. Or maybe it’s because I’ve been trying it out after a round of 30DS? I might drag my cousin into doing it with me after the Knicks-Bulls game 😀
On the side of visible changes: there aren’t many that I can see, but I feel stronger, especially around my midsection. I was almost doing a proper situp yesterday (normally I feel like I have to strain my neck, which is exactly what you’re not supposed to do). So hopefully keep this up and more visible results will come to light!
Coworker: So where are you in your studying right now? Halfway done?
Coworker: What? Seriously? Some of my friends are taking their seminars now.
Coworker: That means they’ve gone through all the material and have the next two months to review.
Me: Oh dear God.
- I am a good example of the correlation between stress and belly fat. 😦
- Day 8 of 30DS. I used 5lbs today because my cousin and aunt wanted to join. Yikes. I think I hurt my right wrist #tysonchandler
- Knicks with two consecutive losses. We knew this was coming. Honestly the last two games have been so painful to watch I’m thinking of going back into another twelve-year fanbernation. There’s another game tomorrow. I’m not planning on coming home.
- Suddenly found out I have to make a trip to China late March. Aaaaaah, life, you don’t make it easy, do you?
- I’ve been pretty consistent with 30DS so far. It’s not exactly Day 6, maybe Day 8, but Workout 6, and I’m planning on getting to Workout 30 this time.
- Food: I know I’m not going to see dramatic results if I can’t eat as cleanly as I should, but . . . I can’t. I know there’s always going to be some excuse but as long as I’m living at home, commuting 2+ hours, and studying for exams I’m not going to be able to do it all. Seriously! There aren’t enough hours in a day. Especially when
- I still can’t seem to not let my emotions dictate my productivity levels.
And that’s your usual two-months-prior-to-exam-3L panic attack speaking, I guess!